10.22.2007

Wesley, Claiborne, and 1607

I was sitting at my desk in tears during this video. (its kind of long, so carve out some time.)



I am going to Simpson college on November 2 for the weekend to start my Lay Ministries class. and I have been reading John Wesley and revisiting Shane Claiborne in my attempt at getting ready to enter servant leadership and embrace what it truly means to be a servant. I am excited, and I want to maintain the kind of excitement that changes my life and impacts the people around me. I think that I will watch this video twice a week until it really sinks in.

It has been amazing to read all of the blogs and emails from the folks from our community at 1607. I am encouraged by the ways that our experiment is playing out in everyone's life. And in my own as well. I think that I will be running on the inertia that I got from that place for a long time, and I didn't really even realize how much of a push I was getting.

I am enjoying Iowa, but part of my heart will always be in Nashville. (How's that for a souvenir t-shirt)

1 comment:

Ariah said...

I got unsubscribed to your blog somehow. Sorry I missed this.
It has been amazing, I'll certainly echo that.

I don't know about Nashville, but always at 1607